Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EDITING PARCEL MAPCHECK OUTPUT

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
andy7918
978 Views, 3 Replies

EDITING PARCEL MAPCHECK OUTPUT

When using autocad to draw property boundaries, i check that my boundary has no gaps & confirm area by "creating parcel from objects", "export analysis", then i select mapcheck analysis & export it to a seperate text file. the text file is formatted by segment, giving a course, length, northing & Easting for each individual line segment. Is there any way to change this default format? Often i have to write a legal description as an mtext or a seperate microsoft word file, and its an extra chance for error having to read through these text files and transpose. Is there any way i could export the "mapcheck analysis" in a format of bearing and distance for each segment seperated by commas? for example South 90°00'00" East 264.44' , North 45°00'00" West 345.00' , .............

So far all i have been able to find was options to change the units or abbreviations in the default mapcheck analysis format, is there any way to do what i want? Or has autocad not gotten there yet?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: andy7918

You may want to look at customizing the Parcel Reports in the Toolbox or Terry's app here, http://www.dotsoft.com/mwlegals.htm or Bud's app here, http://budcad.com/Q-Legal3D.htm

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
andy7918
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks, i didn't even know about those reports...  I played with them a little bit, and found that i can generate a legal in microsoft word or a text file which is what i was looking for. I attempted to change the format of the "Metes_and_Bounds" report (i'm assuming this is a default, not something a previous employee put in our template). Clicked edit report settings, legal descriptions, direction, and changed the type to "north deg min sec East" hit ok and regenerated my report. The report is still spitting out a "N 89-59-59.997 E" format, what am i doing wrong? I am going to want to customize the format of this thing to minimize the amount of typing i have to do.

Message 4 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: andy7918

I don't use the  parcel report so I won't be too much help. Use the Search too here or better yet, Google to find good links in this forum. I know it has been discussed a number of times.

If you still can't find the issue start a new post.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report