Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing multiple Alignment station offset labels

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
amstro2006
1993 Views, 3 Replies

Editing multiple Alignment station offset labels

Dear friends, I am trying to edit labels for a particular alignment. All labels are along the same alignment and use the same alignment style. I need to change "defl." in each of those labels to "defl:". So simply changing the period to a colon. But it is a lot of work to go through each label and then in edit label text and then change it. Plus, I have to do this on 12 sheets. That's like 300 labels! Is there a quick way to achieve this. If it were simple mtext or dtext then I could use the find and replace option, but these are civil 3d alignment station offset labels? Is there a lisp that can accomplish this task? Any help or guidance in the right direction will be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance for all the help. I hope someone can provide some useful input. I am using Civil 3D 2010. Is there a newer version that addresses this issue? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
BrianHailey
in reply to: amstro2006

Just edit the style. The style controls how the label looks including the text in it. Editing the label text puts an override on that particular label so it no longer uses the text defined in the label style.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 4
amstro2006

Thanks for the reply. Problem is I have already over-written most of the text. Let me explain, the label style is "Sta. <some code to grab station value>. Now most of the labels have the station value and some additional info like 2" service or blow-off or firehydrant or something else. And this was done by right clicking each label and editing the label. Does that mean the label style has been over-written? If I change the label style now, will I loose all the other information that was added by editing each individual label (like 2"service, FH, blow off, etc)? I hope I am not confusing you. Let me know if you need more info. Thanks for your help.

Message 4 of 4
BrianHailey

If you edit the text component of a label using the "Edit Label Text" command, you are overwriting the text value of the label and the label now owns the value of the text. If you change the text value of the style itself, any labels that your overwrote will not change, only those that haven't been overwritten will change. If you want, you can cancle the override for the labels

Hope this helps.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report