Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing data in ArcSDE slow and buggy

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kwiggles
401 Views, 1 Reply

Editing data in ArcSDE slow and buggy

We've got GIS data stored in an ArcSDE database that we want to read/write/edit from Civil 3D via a connection. Any editing seems dreadfully slow (large dataset) and there are a lot of check-in/check-out problems...

"Cannot refresh layer. Drawing has checked out features." even though I've tried checking it back in.

"Feature was not processed because operation has been terminated prematurely." I'm trying some basic editing, but the feature seems stuck in limbo-land, saying it's checked out but not able to be checked in.

From what I've found on these forums, there doesn't seem to be a lot of success with editing via SDE connections... maybe the successful stories just don't show up here.

Using: Civil 3D 2012, ArcGIS 10, 64 bit.

Any help or suggestions for a fairly new Civil 3D (Map 3D) user?

Kevin W.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Morshcaborsh
in reply to: kwiggles

Hey Kevin,

I'm getting the same thing here, using the same, Civil 3D 2012,  64 bit, ArcGIS 10.1.

I'm getting features that I can't check back in and I can't find anyone else talking about it, as well as the slow performance.

Did you ever find a solution to any of these?

Thanks sir,
Matthew

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report