Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing a vertical curve

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
GrantT-LS
3215 Views, 7 Replies

Editing a vertical curve

I have an existing vertical curve profile and the parameters have changed. A straight profile editing works great but I am having problems with the curve.

Tim Grant
Civil 3D 2022.1.3
Windows 10 Professional
Intel Core i7-10700 CPU @ 2.9 GHz
16 GB, 64-bit
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: GrantT-LS

Tim,

More information is needed re: how your attempting to edit the Vertical Curve and what specific problem your running into.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
GrantT-LS
in reply to: Jay_B

Jay

I created the Vertical Curve with the "Fixed Vertical Curve (Two Points, Parameter). Now I need to change the beginning and ending elevations with a new K value. and I will be eliminating a vertival curve further down the profile. I'm trying to edit the curve by selecting the profile and using "Geometry Editor", and trying to use "Move PVI". I just now saw "Insert PVIs - Tabular" and "Raise/Lower PVIs" in the middel of the "Profile Layout Tools" dialog box.

Tim Grant
Civil 3D 2022.1.3
Windows 10 Professional
16 GB, 64-bit
Message 4 of 8
wfberry

I believe that the fixed vertical curve may lock you out of what you want to do.  I have always used the free vertical curve with no problem.

Bill

Message 5 of 8
Joe-Bouza

I agree with Bill use a free curve, but is you have to edit any curve I like the entity editor on the edit

profile_entity_editor.png

Joe Bouza
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 8
GrantT-LS
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

So what I take from the last posts if I can't edit my existing curves I will need to redraw them using the "free curve" and reassociate my templates and crossections?

Tim Grant
Civil 3D 2022.1.3
Windows 10 Professional
16 GB, 64-bit
Message 7 of 8
callen

False, retain the same profile but just delete the entity or pi.  This will allow you to insert the free vertical curve without the extra work of re-targeting

Message 8 of 8
GrantT-LS
in reply to: callen

Thanky you to all.

Tim Grant
Civil 3D 2022.1.3
Windows 10 Professional
16 GB, 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report