Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editing a Pipe Networks Pipe Length in Profile View

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
959 Views, 7 Replies

Editing a Pipe Networks Pipe Length in Profile View

Is this possible in C3D 2014? I have my pipe culvert daylighting on each end of my roadway prism and needed to change the profile/fg surface slightly. Obviously this would change the pipe daylight location, but it would not let me grip edit the pipe length from the profile.

Is this not possible? So I have to manually grip edit the pipe length in plan view in order to extend the pipe in profile view? Why does this not make sense to me?

Am I missing something?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:
Is this not possible? So I have to manually grip edit the pipe length in plan view in order to extend the pipe in profile view? Why does this not make sense to me?

Only elevations can be grip edited within profile views, per Help topic Displaying Pipe Networks in Profile Views.

"Note:

You cannot move the X, Y locations of parts in a profile view. However, you can grip edit elevations, edit object properties, or resize parts."

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Only elevations can be grip edited within profile views, per Help topic Displaying Pipe Networks in Profile Views.

"Note:

You cannot move the X, Y locations of parts in a profile view. However, you can grip edit elevations, edit object properties, or resize parts."

Really? This seems like an oversight no? Is it a programming issue that this is not an option? 

Is there an autocad rep who can note my complaint and bring it up to the next improvements on future versions discussion?

Message 4 of 8
Jay_B

Feedback re: AutoDesk Products can be sent directly to AutoDesk via the following link.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 8
inproconsultca

Maybe it is extemporaneous, but it is not in this forum, so here it goes.

Touch the pipe, hit the arrow grip you want to extend, and now, write down the length you want to extend to this pipe side. Do the same to the other side.

Message 6 of 8

I forgot. Do this procedure in plan view. You can have two views in model space, so you can control in your section view how the pipe length goes to your requirements. 

Message 7 of 8
drazen.galic

It is problem of approach, design concept and role of profiles. In Civil 3D profile views are really views to the model (plan view). What did you ask is maybe complex comparing to bunch of other options what are really missing in Civil 3D regarding pipe profiles.

I would say that any European application for pipe design has much more functionality in profiles than Civil 3D. Even, there are low level applications in some countries which have only profiles (without plan view or plan view without serious functionality).

Drazen

Message 8 of 8

Thank you for your comments. I thought Civil 3D was one of the best for
these stuff.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report