Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edit survey figure properties 2011 problem

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
Maine-iac
2392 Views, 9 Replies

edit survey figure properties 2011 problem

Has anybody got a fix or run into this? When I'm reviewing my imported survey figures, select one, right click and choose "edit survey figure properties", the standard dialgue comes up, but what used to show me the list of vertices near the bottom with all the associated point data only blips in and out for a split second then is no longer there. Is it something to do with the extended properties selections of the survey database properties?

Civil 3D 2022.1
Windows 10 x64
HP ZBook 15 G5
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.60GHz
32 GB RAM
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Christian_Bauer
in reply to: Maine-iac

Please see the Screenshot. The arrows on the upper right corner are tell you that the Dialog Box is expand, but below, there is a little line which you can move (3 red arrows in the Screenshot).

So please resize this Part of the Dialog Box, and you should see the Points of the Survey Figure.

survey_figure_properties.png

Christian Bauer
Message 3 of 10
Maine-iac
in reply to: Christian_Bauer

I had already tried that with no luck, but considering your suggetion I thought maybe it was because I had a locked toolbar/panel (this one currently is a floating panel). The only lock I had on was "docked" items but decided to unlock that anyway. Then I tried the the double arrows again. After clicking on it two or three times the point/vertice display finally showed. I relocked the docked toolbar/panels again to test if that really was what was preventing it the first time but it functioned correctly after having done so, so I'm not sure if that had anything to do with it or I just needed to click on it a few times to get it to expand and contract. I did not know however about the ability to totally hide the points display by dragging the horizontal line all the way to the bottom. Thank you for that knowledge and I will look for that possiblility in the future.

Just wondering if this feature is like the characteristics of trying to unlock survey database points in the drawing. It vary infrequently unlocks them on the first try. I usually have to "unlock points in drawing" 2 to 3 times to get them detached from the survey database.

Civil 3D 2022.1
Windows 10 x64
HP ZBook 15 G5
32 GB RAM
Message 4 of 10
snuffysmithy

I am having the same issue. Instead of the expand button I have a lock button. I can't find a place to unlock my survey figure. Any help would be appreciated.

Message 5 of 10
Maine-iac
in reply to: snuffysmithy

This is only a quess because I don't know what version you are using. I'm in 2011 which does not even allow me to open up an "edit figure properties" box if someone else has the survey database open for editing. Are you in 2012 and they now allow you to view that dialogue box in a locked mode if someone else has that projects survey database open for editing? Update your account so the rest of us know what version you are using. Thanks

Spoiler

Civil 3D 2022.1
Windows 10 x64
HP ZBook 15 G5
32 GB RAM
Message 6 of 10
n2itive

Has anyone come up with a solution to this or has experienced this??  I am working in c3d 2012 and having the same issue. When the edit figure properties dialog box appears I too have a "lock" symbol in the upper right corner and none of the point/vertices info shows in the bottom. I am the only user in 2012 and have checked to make sure no one else has the database open (if that's even possible). Any thought's? How do you lock / unlock the survey figures?

Thanks

Infrastructure Design Suite 2014
Civil 3D 2013 sp2
Windows 7 x 64, 16 GB
Intel Xeon @ 2.80 GHz
NVIDIA Quadro K2000
Message 7 of 10
kbiggs
in reply to: n2itive

I have experienced the same issue this week, and have not found an issue for this. I contacted reseller, who in turn contacted Autodesk. It is my understanding that Autodesk is aware of this issue. I am not sure of their plans to resolve this issue.

I can say that this issue significantly impacts how we process our survey data. From my tests, I cannot edit a figure within the survey toolspace, when the figure has been imported from a field book file. I can edit the figure from the ribbon using the edit geometry function, however, I am not able to edit the figure within the figure properties dialogue box, which has offered more functionality since it was added to the Subscription Advantage Pack in Civil 3D 2010.

I have been able to edit a figure created from a text file within the survey toolspace. We are moving towards using text files and line work code sets, however, we have not fully adopted this system will all of our survey crews. I am not, however, able to edit a figure manually created from an object in the drawing. Again, this impacts our workflow. As you have also experienced, not all survey data is perfect, so edits are something that we are required to do.

The only solution when working with field book files is to explode the figures once inserted into the drawing and edit them accordingly, although they will be disconnected from the survey database. One then has to question the need for using the survey database, short of be able to generate linework.

Disappointing news indeed as to the functionality of Civil 3D 2012. This makes me question my upgrade from Civil 3D 2010, which was working very effectively for survey data processing.

I hope that Autodesk is listening to their customers feedback, and improve their quality control. I have to also question how this issue got past the beta testing process.

Keith Biggs

CAD Tech Coordinator

R.F. Binnie & Associates Ltd.
19232 Enterprise Way #101
Surrey, BC V3S 6J9
Tel: +1 (604) 574-3336  Fax: +1 (604) 574-7355

www.binnie.com

Message 8 of 10
bchwyscampbell

If I edit my fbk file,  as an example

BEG EP1

NEZ 1014 4887541.649 489614.519 302.368 "EP1"

NEZ 1015 4887558.728 489610.974 302.308 "EP1"

etc.

to:

BEG EP1

NEZ 1014 4887541.649 489614.519 302.368 "B EP1"

NEZ 1015 4887558.728 489610.974 302.308 "EP1"

etc.

Then reimport the field book, the survey figure properties are now "auto generated".

Then I have to edit all the point descriptions to delete the B<space> before reapplying my description keys.

Looking forward to seeing this bug fixed.

Martin Campbell CET

Bruce County Highways Department

C3D 2012 SP 2 64 BIT

Message 9 of 10
rl_jackson
in reply to: bchwyscampbell

If your using NEZ the just have you field crew use the B at the end, or place the B at the end it will still work.

If you field crew does it you will not have to do anything and they can skip the Note for the linework codes.

Hope that helps.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 10 of 10
bchwyscampbell
in reply to: rl_jackson

Thanks RJ, it helped alot.

Placing the linework codes at the end works with ZD VD as well as NEZ

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report