Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Pressure Pipe Catalog without Content Catalog Editor

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
BrianHailey
530 Views, 2 Replies

Edit Pressure Pipe Catalog without Content Catalog Editor

Ok, here's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to adjust the connection point location in a series of parts but, I don't want to have to go through and create all new parts. If you open the catalog in the content catalog editor that comes with Civil 3D, you can see the location of the connection points but you can't edit them.

If I open the catalog in a SQLite database editor, I can see the parts but I can't see the connector data (at least I haven't been able to find it). The editor I'm using is SQLiteStudio (it's a free download). I can see how many connection points there are but, I can't see where to edit them.

Is this information stored in the associated drawing somehow? If so, I haven't been able to find it anywhere in the file.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: BrianHailey

To add a little to this, as I was investigating the associated drawing file, I realized the part in the drawing has a number of grips on it.

Could this have something to do with it? And if so, how do I go about editing them?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3

I haven't messed with it too much, but it looks similar to Plant 3D interface. Have you asked over there? In case you don't get an answer in here. I know I probably won't use pressure pipes since one can't swap parts, and using profiles works a bit better when things change. 

Civil Reminders
http://blog.civil3dreminders.com/
http://www.CivilReminders.com/
Alumni

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report