Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit Pipe Network in Plan

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
csevers
358 Views, 4 Replies

Edit Pipe Network in Plan

How can I edit (graphically) my pipe network in plan view without losing my elevations everytime I move a node? Everytime I move a node I have to re-enter my invert elevations. Is there some way to "lock" my inverts? It may be useful to know my pipes have no structures linking them (water line).

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
csevers
in reply to: csevers

I am still having this issue. Any suggestions?

Chris Severs, PE
Windows 7 Enterprise SP1 64 bit
64.0 GB RAM
Intel Xeon E5-2650 v3 @ 2.30GHz
NVIDA Quadro M4000
Civil 3D 2014
Message 3 of 5
gccdaemon

1. Copy the elevation from the properties menu before grip editing, and paste it back in after.

2. Instead of grip editing the pipes, use the structure.

3. Set your OSNAPZ to 0

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 4 of 5
castled071049

Another way is to use point filters. There are several ways to do this, but simplest, I think, is to click on the pipe, grab the grip you want to move in plan view, type in ".Z" (note the period first, then the letter Z). The command line asks you to select the Z reference elevation to use, so snap once more to the same grip edit, then snap to your new location. In this manner, you will retain the exact Z elevation that you began with. Now, whether or not that is the final elevation you want is another question, but at least it won't snap to zero, forcing you to edit your pipe elevations evertime you grip edit one.

As Andrew Ingram mentioned earlier, moving the structures where possible is the best idea as the elevations stay constant without having to use any tricks like point filters, etc.

Message 5 of 5
troma

You say you're not using structures.  My advice: use structures!  You can set them up to not plot.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report