Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit parcel line label style for precision

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Robert1699
2344 Views, 4 Replies

Edit parcel line label style for precision

I'm trying to edit my label style so that the bearing has no decimal places and the distance has two.  I thought it would be similar to editing the contour label precision but it doesn't seem to be that way.  Ideas?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tcorey
in reply to: Robert1699

Here's a short video that shows you how:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jU0fvKTOVs

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 5
Robert1699
in reply to: tcorey

Thank you.
Bob

Sent from my iPhone
Message 4 of 5
mmiccio
in reply to: Robert1699

I am trying to set the default annotation to display only degrees minutes and seconds and hundredths of a US survey foot. The You Tube tip pertains to parcel annotation and I would like to set all line and curve annotations, hopefully in our master template, to a normal format.

Why is the default to hundredths of a second when I use 1 and 5 second instruments?

Message 5 of 5
mrnot
in reply to: mmiccio

That has been my question since I discovered this lunacy. I think it's just an indication that those of us who deal with survey or land records are not the target demographic for these products, but I am a frustrated cynic after all..

For what it's worth, my discovery occurred when a consultant submitted some documents for our review, and I thought it really odd that they began their project with inaccurate, inconsistent data, and then created this drawing including metes & bounds labeled to the 1/100th of a second, and to a 1/1000th foot for length, which I'd never seen ANY surveyor use before.. In working the review of this document, I found that my Civil3D install had these ludicrous defaults, too, and not only that, changing them is nigh impossible (I thought I'd figured it out, but going back to the model at a later date to do some more work yielded more ridiculous line labels, and THIS time, I cannot even get them to correct. I have no idea why they inserted this way when all the defaults appear to retain the corrected settings I made last time)..

Fortunately, since I'm already bald, I haven't yanked any more hair out over this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report