Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

edit lisp for station-elevation of 3d polylines

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
aldawg23
1705 Views, 2 Replies

edit lisp for station-elevation of 3d polylines

I have a lisp I found online which extracts the x,y, and z of a 3d ployline to a .csv file.  I would like to edit this lisp to extract the 3dpolyline as station-elevation in two columns of an excel file.  My ultimate goal is to extract the data for use in hec-ras.   Is anyone able to do this edit?  Can anyone recommend a lisp tutorial which may lead me down the path to ultimately edit the routine myself?  I have attached the lisp if anyone cares to take a look.  thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
troma
in reply to: aldawg23

You'll probably get better answers over here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Visual-LISP-AutoLISP-and-General/bd-p/130

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: aldawg23

If you're planning to learn AutoLISP only for this one routine, you might consider a workaround:

Be sure your polyline objects are 3D polylines.

Use _AeccCreatePtPlylnCtrVertAuto command to create points at the polyline vertices. The elevations will be captured from the polyline.

Go to Toolbox tab of Toolspace. Expand Reports Manager, expand Points, right click and execute Station Offset to Points. Once you have created the report, select only the data portion of the report (don't select header, etc.), right click, copy. Open Excel, paste.

Delete the columns you don't want.

This is not as automatic as a custom program would be, but it's pretty fast and easy, and you don't have to spend  hours learning AutoLISP.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report