Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit linetypes

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
MPozzie
16534 Views, 1 Reply

Edit linetypes

I want to edit linetypes from a drawing that I got from a surveyor but do not know where Civil 3D stores the linetypes/*.lin files of externally created drawings. Can somebody please advise?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: MPozzie

Hi,

>> but do not know where Civil 3D stores the linetypes/*.lin files of externally created drawings

At the moment a linetype is loaded it's definition is stored within the drawing-file and stays inside the drawing as long as it's not purged out. The only subelement of a linetype, a SHX (if a linetype is defined to use symbols) is a separate file that holds the geometry-definition of the symbol.

So the answer to "where Civil 3D stores the linetypes" is: in the drawing. It does not need a LIN-file any more to display the linetype correctly.

>> I want to edit linetypes

You can't edit linetypes within the DWG file. You have the option to create a new linetype in one of your LIN-files, and load that new definition. If your new linetype-definition has the same name as the existing one in the drawing you get asked if you want to replace it. Answer yes and you have redefined the existing linetype with your new one.

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report