Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edge of Surface from contours

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
374 Views, 1 Reply

Edge of Surface from contours

I've run into this problem multiple times and can usually solve it by using a border to hide the erroneous edge of the surface. However, in this instance, the faulty closed contour always follows my border. I've tried swapping edges, but I always end up with a closed loop somewhere along the contour line. I fixed this problem in another area by adding a 0.5' contour between my other contours and extending it beyond my surface boundary. 

See attached screenshots.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
doni49
in reply to: Anonymous

C3D will only draw a contour where it sees a triangle crossing through that elevation.  So what's pulling the triangle up or down to that elevation?

P.S. if there is something that is pulling that triangle and that item IS ACCURATE then the only way this triangle is inaccurate is if you don't have enough info between that point and the other end of the triangle.  If that's the case, you need to either get more data or delete the inaccurate triangle(s).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report