AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
civman_daar
Message 1 of 2 (104 Views)

Earthworks for assembly Sub-Base

104 Views, 1 Replies
08-07-2013 07:53 AM

C3D 2012 SP3 on Win 7 Pro.

I want to generate a report by sample line station that gives me the cut/fill quantities between my assembly(s) sub-base links and the existing ground.  I have section sheets cut with sample lines and the EG surface DREF'd.  Am I correct in assuming that you need to create the sub-base surface, (for every corridor, I have 18), to be able to get the cut/fill volumes?  The corridor is Xref'd into the section cut sheets, so no hope of generating a surface in the cut sheets from the corridor.  Can you have the EG surface defined in the Edit Material List and the sub-base as a corridor shape and get the cut/fill volumes?  I have tried and I get zeros in the earthworks report.  What am I doing wrong?

Distinguished Contributor
civman_daar
Message 2 of 2 (100 Views)

Re: Earthworks for assembly Sub-Base

08-07-2013 08:17 AM in reply to: civman_daar

Apparently you cannot mix shapes and surfaces to get cut/fill volume reports.  Cut/fill is driven by surfaces.  You can get volume quantities from shapes.  Am I correct here?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!