AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
civman_daar
Message 1 of 2 (107 Views)

Earthworks for assembly Sub-Base

107 Views, 1 Replies
08-07-2013 07:53 AM

C3D 2012 SP3 on Win 7 Pro.

I want to generate a report by sample line station that gives me the cut/fill quantities between my assembly(s) sub-base links and the existing ground.  I have section sheets cut with sample lines and the EG surface DREF'd.  Am I correct in assuming that you need to create the sub-base surface, (for every corridor, I have 18), to be able to get the cut/fill volumes?  The corridor is Xref'd into the section cut sheets, so no hope of generating a surface in the cut sheets from the corridor.  Can you have the EG surface defined in the Edit Material List and the sub-base as a corridor shape and get the cut/fill volumes?  I have tried and I get zeros in the earthworks report.  What am I doing wrong?

Distinguished Contributor
civman_daar
Message 2 of 2 (103 Views)

Re: Earthworks for assembly Sub-Base

08-07-2013 08:17 AM in reply to: civman_daar

Apparently you cannot mix shapes and surfaces to get cut/fill volume reports.  Cut/fill is driven by surfaces.  You can get volume quantities from shapes.  Am I correct here?

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.