Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamically linked to profile feature line from alignment

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
agorodetsk
3088 Views, 10 Replies

Dynamically linked to profile feature line from alignment

I have created a feature line from the alignment dynamically linked to the design profile, however elevations of the feature line do not match with the profile elevations. Is it a software bug or is there a setting that should be used?

Thank you.

Alex Gorodetsky.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
L3GO-Ed
in reply to: agorodetsk

Does the feature line have elevations at all? One thing i think is that the alignment does not assume the elevations of an associated profile, the two just work hand in glove to get you a corridor

Message 3 of 11
agorodetsk
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

feature line does have elevations, but elevations do not match with profile elevations; I use grading menu to create feature lines from alignment and I check dynamically link to profile box. But elevations on a feature line do not match with profile elevations. L abel stations in alignment with elevations from profile and also use emasure alignment commands to create points at certain intervals, however feature line elvations do not match, I use sincpac command to bring points to featue line elevations and point eelavtions change vs profile, aslo id point on feature line and it shows dif elevation.
Message 4 of 11
rjairath

i am having similar problem. I am creating feature line from alignment and profile and sometime, when it creates feature line it does not match profile (one or two points will have the wrong elevation)  forcing me to check each and every feature line i create.. very time consuming.

Is there a glitch or some setting that is causing this or ami doing something wrong.

my steps:

received xml format of alignmnet with profile

created a profile view to see vertical data of centerline

then create feature line from alignment and select profile  (so i can create and ofset and make surface)

created a stepped offset @2.5% grade of feature to represent edge of track.  

make surface cut section views

and that is where you catch the error since the section view will not matach teh typical as the feature line elevation does not match profile

do edit elevation on feature line and correct elevation to profile, surface corrects and section correct them self.

I can share my DWG file if someone wants to try it and share their results, fixes and/or comments

Thank you for reading,

Win7 64bit Pro
Xeon E5-1620 v2, 3.70GHz, 32GB Ram

Please mark solution found if this post solved your issue or give kudos when appropriate.

Message 5 of 11
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rjairath

I will take a look.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
rjairath
in reply to: jmayo-EE

please see attached file..i have bound the client file and have already imported in the xml file. with alignment and profile.

to validate the xml data was correct i created the profile view and placed on top of the exploded profile view I got from the client.

the don't use civil 3d or autodesk based software, so the best I can get from them is xml and dwg filE with exploded everything.

i will be away for weekend so will not be able to provide more input until Wednesday

Thank you for reading,

Win7 64bit Pro
Xeon E5-1620 v2, 3.70GHz, 32GB Ram

Please mark solution found if this post solved your issue or give kudos when appropriate.

Message 7 of 11
Joe-Bouza

9 out 10 times it is because the profile is not the same length of the alignment. Similar to a corridor going to zero.
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 8 of 11
sca24580
in reply to: rjairath

I was just having an issue similar to this. I believe I have solved my issue by putting the feature line onto its own new Site.

Message 9 of 11
doni49
in reply to: sca24580

@sca24580 wrote:

I was just having an issue similar to this. I believe I have solved my issue by putting the feature line onto its own new Site.

Thanks for taking the time to post this reply!  I've been fighting my file for the past 2 hours trying to figure out why my featurelline isn't matching the profile.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 10 of 11
Joe-Bouza

I have discovered if the profile length does not match the alignment length exactly you will get a bust in the FL.
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 11 of 11
kaviarasu_2004
in reply to: sca24580

Thank you for the post, it helped me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report