Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Labels on Points

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
219 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic Labels on Points

I used to use Land Desktop, and now it is no more for 2010. So I am using Civil 3D. Is it possible to create labels that change size when I REGEN as I zoom in and out. I found that it is possible to do so with the actual point symbol, but I would also like to do this with the actual text, so that it is say 4% of the screen everytime I hit REGEN. This was possible in Land Desktop. Thanks guys... and just so everyone knows I already tried to Google it.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Somewhat. I would suggest finding and using the Annotation Scale in
Model Space to change the size of your text up or down as you zoom around.

Labels will format themselves to the set height when viewed in
paperspace, but for editting, change the annotation scale.

Matthew Anderson, PE

jscheps wrote:
> I used to use Land Desktop, and now it is no more for 2010. So I am using Civil 3D. Is it possible to create labels that change size when I REGEN as I zoom in and out. I found that it is possible to do so with the actual point symbol, but I would also like to do this with the actual text, so that it is say 4% of the screen everytime I hit REGEN. This was possible in Land Desktop. Thanks guys... and just so everyone knows I already tried to Google it.
>
Message 3 of 3
stacy.dunn
in reply to: Anonymous

You can work through a viewport in paperspace. Points will then act like what you are looking for. Make sure to turn off the feature to automatically add the current scale to objects so the diffent scales don't get added to annotative features.
Stacy Dunn

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report