Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic alignment from corridor???

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Alimalek
1572 Views, 8 Replies

Dynamic alignment from corridor???

Hi,

During modelling an intersection I need a corridor edge as target for onther region (attached picture), 

I made the alignment from corridor but unfortunately there is no option for that aligment to be dynamic!!!!!

every time I changed the main road layout, I have to delete the Edge alignment and make a new one.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Alimalek

Not sure I understand the question, but feature lines fron corridors can be dynamic and can be targeted, though.

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

I would not recommend deleting the alignment. I would instead edit the alignment to go where it needs to after revisions. Even if this means deleteing all subentiies and starting over.

Civil 3D cannot make a dynamic alignment.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: Alimalek

I would create a feature line from corridor and target that feature line.  Feature lines have the option to create a dynamic link to the corridor.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 9
jmayo-EE

Another good option Joe but there is still no way to get dynamic horizontal geometry from an alignment. The Feature line editing may be easier...

The intersection wizard can maintain dynamic curb returns but I am not sure what regions need attention in this example.

Offset alignments also come to mind for dyamnnic horizontal geometry but I doubt that will help here.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

As Todd said and I think Joe meant, Yes the FL From the Corridor would work best but as a rule don't delete your target alignments/profiles always edit them unless you want to remap targets.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I concur.

Your Name
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 8 of 9
randyspear6624

Sorry to bring up a really old thread but I'm using 2018 and I don't have the option to target an auto feature line.

Would that be because the auto feature line I need to target is generated from the same corridor?

Update: I found a post that confirmed my submission.

Message 9 of 9
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: randyspear6624

That is correct. needs a separate corridor

Your Name

Your Name

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report