Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DWF-LAYER CONTROL

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
cturlington
903 Views, 3 Replies

DWF-LAYER CONTROL

Hello,

I am using Civil 3D 2016.

I have created a 3D DWF print of a file by typing 3ddwf in the command line.  However, the layer control does not appear in the 3d dwf.  Is there a way to set the layer control to appear in the dwf? 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
cturlington
in reply to: cturlington

I have been reviewing the online information concerning dwf and layer control.  The various suggestions of: toggling layers on in dwf driver, controlling in dwf view as right click (not an option), controlling from model palette (not an otpion), layer control in layer palette (is grayed-out).  Is layer control insid the 3d dwf controlled by a setting in civil 3d?

Message 3 of 4
cturlington
in reply to: cturlington

So far I have found after much experimentation, that the 2D DWF works well with layer control.  But the 3D DWF does not appear to work.  It is my guess that this continues to be a bug with the program?  I find a lot of the online discussions do not arrive at a solution concerning layers and 3D DWF's.  If anyone has a different experience, I am all ears, or can confirm that the 3D DWF layer control does not actually work.  Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Message 4 of 4

Hi. Not sure if this has been talked about or solved yet but this got me for a while too until I noticed the 'select' arrow on small tool button bar next to the 'field of view' control drop down. Select the arrow and a 'Model' palette appears. This gives you full layer control of your 3D dwf when using Design Review....assuming you exported it from AutoCAD as a 3D dwf in the first place.

Enjoy.

Rob

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report