Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dview twist cross hairs

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
jmola
903 Views, 2 Replies

dview twist cross hairs

we use dview twist to rotate the view on the screen to align with the way it shows up on the sheet.  i have views saved to make this quicker when moving along in model space.  the problem is the cross hairs cant be saved with the view.  wish they could.  i have a lisp that will adjust the cross hairs by selecting a line on the plan that is set in defpoints so it wont plot.  does anyone out there  have a routine that i can load that would somehow automatically change the cross hairs to match the dview twist angle when i use the view command?  i have tried the actio recorder, but that doesnt appear to work correctly with what i am trying to do.

oh and we are using c3d 2012

thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
doni49
in reply to: jmola

Try the attached. 

EDIT #1:  This won't do exactly as you've asked.  You won't need to save the views -- you use this to do the actual rotation.

It sets the snapang (the cross hairs) to match the view angle.

EDIT #2:  The following code will allow you to set the snapang to match the view angle.  So you can still use your saved views if you like:

(defun c:setsnap()(setvar "snapang" (- 0 (getvar "viewtwist"))))

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: jmola

Try setting the UCS to View.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report