Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate point numbers to close a traverse

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
bwilkins
305 Views, 2 Replies

Duplicate point numbers to close a traverse

I am able to setup a Traverse using AutoCad Civil 3D 2013.  The problem I am having is in the field data collector it will not allow me to use the same point number for my final tie to the control point.  How do I tell AutoCad that point number 508 (tie point) is the same as point number 500 (control point)?  I have tried to change the tie point number in the .FBK file from  508 to 500 but it overides the original coordinate location of 500 to the cordinate location of 508.  Any help would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Pointdump
in reply to: bwilkins

B,

I've never seen a traverse close perfectly, so points 500 and 508 will probably not have EXACTLY the same coordinates. The point numbers should remain as they are in the data collector.

Dave

Dave Stoll
Las Vegas, Nevada

EESignature

64GB DDR4 2400MHz ECC SoDIMM / 1TB SSD
NVIDIA Quadro P5000 16GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 / Civil 3D 2024
Message 3 of 3
rl_jackson
in reply to: bwilkins

When you enter the traverse in the traverse editor you need to make tell it that point 508 is 500 (change the number to 500) it will then prompt to close.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report