Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Duplicate Pipe Networks

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
tricky1
963 Views, 6 Replies

Duplicate Pipe Networks

Somehow I copied something and now when I open my drawing I have deplicate pipe networks with one being named something like Pipe Network and the 2nd being named Pipe Network(1).  Pipe Network(1) does not show up in the toolspace.  It has duplcated every pipe network in the drawing.  I deleted all the pipe but when I close and reopen the drawing it comes right back.  I've attched a pic.  The single line is the original, the double line is network(1).  Can someone please help me.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
troma
in reply to: tricky1

Have you tried a recover?

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 7
tricky1
in reply to: troma

Yes.  That did't fix it.

Message 4 of 7
tricky1

I did an audit and it deleted the duplicate network but when I save and reopen they come back.

Message 5 of 7
troma

Not sure where to go next.  When we hit this problem we were near the end of a project, so ended up just exploding everything.  Some lessons learned:

Don't copy any structure or pipe, it will copy the whole network

Same applies for COPYTOLAYER command.

Don't freeze any of the layers used in the pipe networks as object layers or style layers.

We haven't seen this for a while, so I hope we're avoiding whatever the trigger was.  (Also, we were getting it in 2008. Haven't seen it in 2011.)  But sorry, I don't have any real suggestions for what to do next for you.

Mark Green

Message 6 of 7
tricky1

It had something to do with a block.  I had to aduit and the purge the blocks twice to fix it.  Thanks for the recover tip.  That got me where I needed to be.

Message 7 of 7
troma

Glad you got it.

What version of C3D are you using?

Mark Green

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report