Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ductile Iron Cross Selection

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
idmadcadder
442 Views, 3 Replies

Ductile Iron Cross Selection

So in using the push on catalog it looks like I don't have very much of a selection for crosses...no 8x8 or 6x6 or 12x12.  Call me a pressure network newb, but shouldn't there be a little better list of these I could use?  I mean...a 14x14 cross?  Who is going to use that.  I haven't explorered the other catalogs yet, do people use a mixture of all three catalogs to create their network or is it better to just use one catalog when creating it?

Thanks!

Civil 3D 2016 SP1
Windows 10 x64
Core i7 3.40 GHz 8gb RAM
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Jay_B
in reply to: idmadcadder

I'm in the same boat here, just starting to setup some company standards for Pressure Networks.

It's too early to tell if I'm heading down the right path yet but what I've done so far is use the

Mechanical Imperial as the base to start from. After making a copy of the default Pressure Pipes Catalog

I then renamed the Imperial_AWWA_Mechanical.sqlite catalog to ourcompany.sqlite and it's companion

windows folder  was also renamed to ourcompany. 

(Renaming doesn't seem to cause any issues as I've set the catalog & done some testing).

Started editing custom catalog using the "Content Catalog Editor" and deleted all the special

Male/Female parts we won't use etc.

None of the catalog's were a perfect fit as the Mechanical for example doesn't have any Valves included,

but the mechanical had the most fittings options.

My goal is to have one catalog containing everything meeting our needs and network share only that

catalog. Custom parts also need to be created in order to import them as a .Content file etc.

A PVC part family also needs to be created in the catalog etc.

What I've learned so far is this is going to take a lot of work to implement.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 4
idmadcadder

Talk about something that isn't very productive out of the gate...for the price how could these catalogs not be created better...and why have multiple ones?  Ridiculous to have to do this much setup on something like this to roll it out to the masses.  I would have thought after a few versions they would have gotten this done, so I ask myself again...do I make do and wait thinking it will happen or do all this work thinking it won't...then they do.  Luckily we don't do a lot of pressure networks, so I'm still on the fence on what to do.

Civil 3D 2016 SP1
Windows 10 x64
Core i7 3.40 GHz 8gb RAM
Message 4 of 4
mike.g

Has this been resolved yet? 8x8 cross is probably the most used and it is just not there...We make due with using a 14x8, but it looks funny.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report