Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTM problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
tscheevel
162 Views, 4 Replies

DTM problem

I have a drawing set up in a local coordinate zone. The CS code is: FillmoreMN-F. The Projection is: LM-MNDOT. The datum is: NAD83. The Units are U.S. Survey feet. I created a surface and want to import a dem of a quadrangle map (Washington, MN-24000) downloaded from the USGS Data-depot. The dtm is in UTM, NAD 27, Zone 15, Meter. When I input the CS code of the dem in the import dialog box and click ok the command appears to cancel, and the dem is not applied to the surface. I can get the dem to import if i don't use apply a cs code for the dem, but then it is not in the right place. When I apply the dem with no cs code and then try apply the cs code through the prospector window by right clicking the name of the dem and selecting 'properties', the cs code isn't applied.
I've dont this successfully in LDD 3 and LDD 2004.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: tscheevel

Hi,

I just installed Map 3D 2005 (french version). While creating a surface from DEM (or adding a DEM to an empty surface), i get the same problem. If i try to specify a different CS for this DEM, nothing is performed, as if the operation was canceled.

Did you get any help on this, last winter? Is it a bug or a misuse?
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

You probably need to be in the Map Newsgroup. "benoît" wrote in message news:12295661.1089899127417.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... | Hi, | | I just installed Map 3D 2005 (french version). While creating a surface from DEM (or adding a DEM to an empty surface), i get the same problem. If i try to specify a different CS for this DEM, nothing is performed, as if the operation was canceled. | | Did you get any help on this, last winter? Is it a bug or a misuse?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi, This NG is where all the action on DTM capability occurs. I would expect that typical Map users as such have not done anything but discover there are some new commands in the DTM area. -- Laurie Comerford CADApps www.cadapps.com.au "wfb" wrote in message news:40f878a0$1_3@newsprd01... > You probably need to be in the Map Newsgroup. > > "benoît" wrote in message > news:12295661.1089899127417.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > | Hi, > | > | I just installed Map 3D 2005 (french version). While creating a surface > from DEM (or adding a DEM to an empty surface), i get the same problem. If > i try to specify a different CS for this DEM, nothing is performed, as if > the operation was canceled. > | > | Did you get any help on this, last winter? Is it a bug or a misuse? > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

To perform a coordinate system conversion you have to attach the drawing and do a query. Just assigning a CS to the open drawing won't change anything. However, in the current Map 3D release it is not possible to query civil objects like COGO points or surfaces. Marion Pietsch Autodesk Product Support Infrastructure Solutions "benoît" wrote in message news:12295661.1089899127417.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > Hi, > > I just installed Map 3D 2005 (french version). While creating a surface from DEM (or adding a DEM to an empty surface), i get the same problem. If i try to specify a different CS for this DEM, nothing is performed, as if the operation was canceled. > > Did you get any help on this, last winter? Is it a bug or a misuse?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report