Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drop down menus in dialog boxes appear blank and cursor doesn't echo

38 REPLIES 38
Message 1 of 39
Westhills
4594 Views, 38 Replies

Drop down menus in dialog boxes appear blank and cursor doesn't echo

In dialog boxes the drop down menus appear blank until I drag the mouse over it then the contents appear as I drag the mouse across. Also the cursor doesn't echo back (flash). I have tried updating drivers to no avail.

Running Civil 3D 2011 with all updates.

Windows 7 64 bit

16 gig ram

Quadra fx 1800

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz

I have attached a couple images to illustrate.

Win 7 64bit
16 Gigs Ram
Intel i7 870
Quadro fx1800
C3D 2011/2012
ASUS Custom
Dual 24 Phillips screens
38 REPLIES 38
Message 21 of 39
LaneLizard
in reply to: LaneLizard

Here are the application screen shots.

Message 22 of 39
hgohel
in reply to: Westhills

LaneLizard,

Please post which graphics card you are using on your system and the driver version.  I've posted a link earlier to a site where you can check if your card+driver version are supported/certified.  Please verify that first.

One software to try disabling is the Nvidia Display Manager.  I'm not sure if that is causing any problems yet, but better rule it out.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 23 of 39
LaneLizard

I've attached the info requested and will disable the Nvidia app.

Message 24 of 39
hgohel

Don't forget to check the link I posted earlier in the thread to ensure that you have a supported/certified graphics driver version installed for your version of Civil 3D and Windows OS.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 25 of 39
LaneLizard

I went to the site and installed the bottom driver but again with no effect.

Message 26 of 39
Westhills

You can also try doing a repair on the installation. Do this from the add remove progeams menu in control panel.

Beyond that maybe post a screen shot of that screen so we can see what programs you have installed.

Win 7 64bit
16 Gigs Ram
Intel i7 870
Quadro fx1800
C3D 2011/2012
ASUS Custom
Dual 24 Phillips screens
Message 27 of 39
LaneLizard

I've done that a few times now, no thanks lol

The list is posted on page 2 of this thread.

Message 28 of 39
Westhills

i sawtwo peices of software that would be suspect. 

Akami

Juniper

Win 7 64bit
16 Gigs Ram
Intel i7 870
Quadro fx1800
C3D 2011/2012
ASUS Custom
Dual 24 Phillips screens
Message 29 of 39

I have this same problem on 2 machines out of 40 Civil 3D 2011 users and both machines have XP 64bit.

I have uninstalled all video drivers and installed the recommended Nvidia driver 265.70.

Uninstalled Teamviewer

Ran the Re-install

Ran the 3D config and updated the performance driver, turned off and on anything I could.

Deleted the Civil 3D 2011 registry so it would perform a install for that user.

All of this did not help the user, has anybody actually figure this problem out?

Thanks

Brent Morris

Message 30 of 39
LaneLizard

I must have posted this in another thread as I don't see it here.

I uninstalled the HP security tools and the fingerprint reader and it fixed my issues. I can even run Dynamic Input without the constant hesitations.

Message 31 of 39

We don't have either those installed on our Desktop computers.

All 40 computers came from the same image so I don't understand why so far just 2 people have this problem and I can't resolve it. So far I think I just might have to reimage the whole machine and start from scratch because nothing else has worked, except I could delete their whole profile and recreate it.

Brent

Message 32 of 39

For me it was the team viewer. Can you post some screenshots with the problem showing? And maybe another of the list of installed programs?

Win 7 64bit
16 Gigs Ram
Intel i7 870
Quadro fx1800
C3D 2011/2012
ASUS Custom
Dual 24 Phillips screens
Message 33 of 39

Just imagine any dialog box or pull down menu not completly showing until you move your cursor over it and it will only show it on the part where you move the mouse.

I still have a remote software on there called VNC but this is needed for my to help them and this software is on 150 computers and I'm not going to unistall it. This software doesn't affect any other software and this problem is only in Civil 3D 2011 and this has never happened in previous versions.

At this point I'm ready to just rebuild them a computer to solve this problem because I'm spending way to much time on this when you would think that all the other solutions I tried didn't work.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Brent

Message 34 of 39

In that case you could try the civikl 3d 2012 and see if it poses the same issue. Should be a free download for you. Good Luck.

Win 7 64bit
16 Gigs Ram
Intel i7 870
Quadro fx1800
C3D 2011/2012
ASUS Custom
Dual 24 Phillips screens
Message 35 of 39

It happens in 2012 also, but not in 2010.

Brent

Message 36 of 39
all
Community Visitor
in reply to: brent.morris.widseth

I'm having the same issue.  My dropdown menus (including layer properties) do not fully display.  Only the item my mouse is hovering over displays.  Have you had any resolution?

Message 37 of 39
LaneLizard

it's been awhile but I think I got rid of those issues by disabling the fingerprint scanner.

Message 38 of 39

For me the problem was team viewer. Check to see if you have that or some other remeote desktop software.

Win 7 64bit
16 Gigs Ram
Intel i7 870
Quadro fx1800
C3D 2011/2012
ASUS Custom
Dual 24 Phillips screens
Message 39 of 39
brent.morris.widseth
in reply to: all

I was able to fix this problem by updating mouse software which is Microsoft Intellipoint to 8.2, it was vesion 6 something before.

Brent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report