Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

drop down boxes empty

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
rbolt
578 Views, 8 Replies

drop down boxes empty

Help! I've got a Dell Vostro running windows 7. (new system) I've installed Civil 3D 2013. if I use a command that opens a dialog box with drop down boxes when opening the drop down box it will not populate untill I move the cursoe into the drop down area. Also radio boxes and check boxes do not show changes in selection untill I move the location of the dialog box on screen causing it to refresh. I've contacted Autodesk, Dell, and NDIVIA (video card) no one seems to have any Ideas. It works fine in diagnostic mode. I have went into msconfig and unchecked ALL startup programs but I still have teh problems. Thanks for all help --- Ricky

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tcorey
in reply to: rbolt

Did you check your video card and driver against the Autodesk Certified Graphics database?

Uninstall and re-install Microsoft .Net Framework?

Is this only when you use AutoCAD or do other programs display this behavior?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 9
rbolt
in reply to: tcorey

I have updated my video card driver. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the lates version of MS net. framework. THis problem only happens in Autocad. I've just got the system a few weeks ago and this problem is in both autocad 2013and 2013

Message 4 of 9
rbolt

Sorry I ment to say 2012 and 2013

Message 5 of 9
Sinc

There is a known problem with C3D 2012 where elements in the "Add Labels" dialog will sometimes fail to appear.  Clicking on the "Label Type" will generally cause all the other options to appear.  It doesn't always happen, and I've nver been able to figure out why it does or does not happen.  This problem was not fixed in C3D 2012....  Haven't seen it yet in C3D 2013, but haven't used C3D 2013 enough in production to make any statements about whether or not it's really been fixed.

Sinc
Message 6 of 9
rbolt

Found the problem!!!   I had to go into the task manager and close down processes one by one untill I found the problem. "DpAgent.exe" I have no idea what it does, but the system seems to run fine without it, and now my radio buttons, check boxes and drop down boxes work correctly.

Message 7 of 9
GZE
Advocate

Thanks rbolt I had the same problem, disabling dpagent solved it.

Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
Message 8 of 9
Sinc

It appears to be the service that enables fingerprint scanning...?

Although I've seen the problem on a computer that has no fingerprint scanner...  So that's probably not the whole story, and probably indicates some sort of Windows bug that is exposed by that service...

Sinc
Message 9 of 9
GZE
Advocate

In my case I had two DPAgent procceses running. so I renamed the DPAgent exe file to DPAgent.exebak and my problem was solved , but the finger print scanner still works  and now I have only one process running, therefore It might not be directly related to fingerprint scanner.

Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report