Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawings to open in meters

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
278 Views, 3 Replies

Drawings to open in meters

I have a AutoCAD Civil 3D 2015 and for some reasons when I make a new drawing or open existing one some of the dimensions under Drawing Settings -Ambient Setting opens in the imperial system even if I'm using C3D_Metric drawing. 

I'm just looking for a way to be sure that metric drawings opens in the metric units. It mess everything up that some of it is in imperial and some in metric.

Thanks 

Helgi 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
tcorey
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you creating a new drawing? Are you specifying _AutoCAD Civil 3D (Metric) NCS.dwt as your template? Unless someone got in there and messed with your template, that should open a new drawing with all metric settings.

Or is it an existing drawing? Dog only knows where it came from and what someone might have done to it before you got it. 

Which settings are metric, and which are imperial? Drawing Settings units is metric? Are you seeing imperial units in styles or in ambient settings?

Care to post?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Is your drawing template from acad or c3d? 

I have found a drawings from plain acad opened in C3d will do this.

Solution, insert drawing into metric template.

(Drawings that have been exported back to acad have been known to have the same issues)

Message 4 of 4
AllenJessup

If new drawing display the same characteristics. I'd suggest checking your template. It sounds like those settings are coming from there. The only other possibility I can think of is that you have a 3rd party program or lisp that might be changing the settings. But I find the Template a much more likely source.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report