Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing1 modified on startup and doesn't close and Solution to this

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
neilyj666
603 Views, 7 Replies

Drawing1 modified on startup and doesn't close and Solution to this

With the new Files Tab in 2014, Drawing1 didn't close when another drawing was opened and being visible in the Tab, it was annoying me. The little asterisk indicated that it had been modified in some way. The STARTUP variable wasn't the solution as I like having a blank drawing if I want to just start from scratch.

Following the steps in this post http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Blank-drawing/m-p/2441038/highlight/true#M99509 I concluded acad.lsp and/or acaddoc.lsp were modifying the drawing, changing its state and so preventing it from shutting down when another drawing was opened.

I simply added the following lines to acad.lsp and acaddoc.lsp, (ACAD-PUSH-DBMOD) at the start and (ACAD-POP-DBMOD) at the end. These write and restore the initial value of DBMOD i.e. 0, no changes. I wasn't sure which of the lisp files needed to be modified so I did them both.

When another drawing was opened, Drawing1 disappeared as expected.:):)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
jmayo-EE
in reply to: neilyj666

"I wasn't sure which of the lisp files needed to be modified so I did them both."

If I am not mistaken, acad.lsp will run the listed commands at startup. Acaddoc.lsp will run them whan a new dwg is created.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
neilyj666
in reply to: jmayo-EE

thanks for that - I couldn't be bothered testing each one so just did both with no apparent ill effects....:)

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 8
jmayo-EE

Oh that's funny. I've done the same thing until someone here pointed me in the right direction. It was probably Jeff, Randy or one of the other geniuses. 🙂

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
JeffPaulsen

I was excited to try this but it didn't work for me. I am still asked to save drawing 1 when I try to close it.

Jeff Paulsen
Civil 3D 2020.4 | Win 10 Pro N 64-bit
Xeon W-2223 @ 3.60GHz, 32GB Ram | NVidia Quadro P2200
Message 6 of 8
neilyj666
in reply to: JeffPaulsen

may be a 2014 specific fix?

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
ccookusi

What are the actual names of the file(s) to be modified and where are they located?

Thanks.

Neil, can you attach the file?

Windows 10 Pro x64
Civil 3D 2018
Dell Precision 7720
i7 7700HQ
NVIDIA Quadro P3000
NVMe Samsung SSD 960 Boot
16 GB Ram
Message 8 of 8
neilyj666
in reply to: ccookusi

They are user created files, acaddoc.lsp and acad.lsp, with various startup criteria specified.

accadoc.lsp runs when every drawing is opened, acad.lsp at the start of each session (I think)

2013-05-22 13_14_14-C__AutoLisp_acaddoc.lsp - Notepad++.jpg

2013-05-22 13_14_34-C__AutoLisp_acad.lsp - Notepad++.jpg

The first below shows my File Tab when starting up - no asterisk so no changes to Drawing1

2013-05-22 13_17_53-AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 - [Drawing1.dwg].jpg

while this one shows the File Tab after File > Open.  Drawing1 has closed and AllSolids has been modified (?) as indicated by the asterisk. If I close this I get the Save Changes Prompt even if I have not made changes but as the purpose of this exercise was to remove Drawing1 I'm not too bothered

2013-05-22 13_18_17-AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 - [AllSolids.dwg].jpg

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report