Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DRAWING SCALE STRUCTURE STYLE NOT WORKING THRU XREF

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dgordon
599 Views, 4 Replies

DRAWING SCALE STRUCTURE STYLE NOT WORKING THRU XREF

I found one post that had a similar problem with the way C3D 2011 is handling the drawing scale function of the structure style.   Instead of correcting the scale of the structure for each viewport, the structure remains the drawing scale of the original drawing.   Is this a bug they corrected in 2012 or is there another setting that might work?

I have a pump station site plan with a 40 scale viewport for overall site and a 10 scale viewport for a enlarged view of the proposed pump station.    the base file with all the linework is being xref'd into the drawing with plot layout and annotation.

Can i salvage this situation or do i need to bring in the pipe network like i had to before they allowed labeling pipe networks thru xref's.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: dgordon

You can make a VIEW of the 10 scale area, then go through the "10" viewport and restore the VIEW.

Bill

Message 3 of 5
dgordon
in reply to: wfberry

Does that work for you in 2012? It is not working in 2011.

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com
Message 4 of 5
Craig.Tomlinson
in reply to: dgordon

You could data shortcut the pipe network into 1 of the drawings and turn off the layer from the xref so it is live in the sheet you need to scale differently than your base drawing.

Craig

Message 5 of 5
dgordon
in reply to: Craig.Tomlinson

Craig, your right.   This is exactly what i had to do.    I could not find a setting to fix the display issue.   I hope it's fixed in 2012. 

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report