Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Recovery Palette Error & Crash

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
gccdaemon
1132 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing Recovery Palette Error & Crash

I had a corrupted file that crashed every time it's opened. Now the drawing recovery manager has this message when i click on the folder to try and remove the temp files. Any ideas on how to remove the recovery folders so this doesn't keep happening?

Drawing Recovery Palette Error Message:

Untitled.jpg

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: gccdaemon

With Civil 3D not opened, can you not just go to the temporary folder and delete "all the files" in there?  Using Windows Explorer. They probably need removing anyway.  

Bill

Message 3 of 5
gccdaemon
in reply to: wfberry

I do that pretty consistantly. Isn't there a link folder somewhere under appdata that i can kill?

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 4 of 5
wfberry

Andrew:

I am not sure we are talking about the same thing. I am not referring to the Windows TEMP directory.  In Civil 3D, OPTIONS ->FILES tab there is a long list of file sources, etc.  I am talking about  "Temporary Drawing File Location".  I believe it can be set for about anything including no folder at all.

Bill

Message 5 of 5
gccdaemon

I know what you're talking about. You're talking about deleting files from the "C:\Users\%username%\appdata\local\temp\" folder. I was just not aware if there was a folder under "C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\Autodesk\C3D 2013\enu\Recent" that might link to the Drawing Recovery Palette folders. I'll delete out my temp and see what happens from there and repost my results.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report