Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Pressure Pipes in Profile Fully

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
nkg2
1305 Views, 5 Replies

Drawing Pressure Pipes in Profile Fully

So I created a feature line from polyline, dropped it 3 feet and then converted it to the included pipes and pipe fittings (4-inch ductile) that came with 2014 out of the box to see how it works.  Pretty nifty.   Set my styles for both the fittings and the pipe to standard so I that I can see all the wonderful pieces.   I then created an alignment from the pipe network.  The total length is correct.  I then create a profile view, leaving the defaults as is, and then lay the profile somewhere in model space.  The problem I am gettings is at station 215 out of 1900 the pipe and fittings disapear from that point forward.  Everything else from 0 to 215 works just fine but after that it doesn't show up not even a blip.  The ground surface is there along the whole alignment but pipe is not there.   So I went back to the plan view and see where the pipe ends.  There is a fitting there.  I take the pipe and expand and contract it to see if for some reason I get a disconnect but no dice.  Do the same thing with the fitting, no dice.  So what simple settng am I missing at this point?

***Viewer/Reader Discretion is Advised***
Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Windows 10 Professional, x64, Microsoft Surface Pro 3
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
SethHall
in reply to: nkg2

Is this something you can post here so anyone can have a look?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 6
ccoles

Try this. Go to the profile view properties, look under the pipes tab, and make sure all the pipe segments and fittings are clicked on to display.

Windows 7 64-bit
Dell Precision T5610, Dual-Xeon 2.6Ghz, 16 Gig RAM
Civil 3D 2013
Message 4 of 6
nkg2

Okay so after further playing around (thanks for the responses), I am still not 100% sure what is going on.  I restarted Civil 3d and went through the steps of taking polyline to featureline (assigning it to the surface) then lowering it 3 feet and making sure intermediate grade breaks were selected.   I then performed Create Pressure Network from Object on the feature line, assigne surface and did depth of cover 3'.  In the first scenario, default 10-inch pipe, it worked fine all the way through.  I thought, no way.  So I then went to the pressure network and loaded all the sizes for all three tabs in include the whole library (which isn't much, wish AWWA drinking water PVC pipe from 1-inch on up was included) and then selected 4-inch and made sure all the styles were set to standard.   Pipe drew in just fine in plan view.  I then created an alignment from pipe network and clicked on the first pipe and then the end pipe.  See the result at 4-inch.  Does not complete the run.  Then I went back to the 10-inch pipe re-ran and while not perfect at least it made an attempt to draw it in all the way through.  See the result in 10-inch.  So my initial thought is that the process was correct but for some reason the 4-inch is not working and for some reason the feature line lost its mojo on the 10-inch line.   It is strange.  

Autodesk 2022- Architectural, Engineering and Construction Subscription & Infraworks
Message 5 of 6
nkg2

The feature line used to create the pipe network is working as designed.  So not sure exactly why the pipe does what it does.  

Message 6 of 6
SethHall

I think to troubleshoot this issue further we would need to see the drawing. Is this something you can post? If not, can you create a sample DWG with the same issue and post that?

Thanks!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report