Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing loads slowly stalls on "Finding Interior Borders"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ralstogj
2411 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing loads slowly stalls on "Finding Interior Borders"

Hi

I have a drawing the loads slowly and makes Civil3d become non responsive for i while.

It seems to stop with "finding interior borders" as the action in the lower left corner it has

some datashortcuts and xrefs on to a network drive.

Any suggestions on how to find what is the causing the slow down?

I will start by removing all the xrefs and datashortcuts and see if that helps.

I think I have read about slow load times with network drives recently but can not find the post again has anyone see it?

Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
ralstogj
in reply to: ralstogj

something related to xref's is causing the issue I removed all the xref's and drawing loads quick still with all the grading regenerating.

Thorught it maybe because the dwg came from microstation wblock out and refreshed with autcad still no joy.

Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/
Message 3 of 5
Mpendlebury

"Finding Interior Borders" is a surface related operation. if you have monster surface it often hangs on it even if you do not edit it, very frustrating. The only work around is to reduce the amount of data in the surfaces working with.

If it helps unloading the xrefs, that seems strange to me Do you have surfaces in your xrefs ?

Message 4 of 5
dbaker

I have found errors every time a DWG of mine hangs on "Finding Interior Borders" when opening. Once 'Audited' and fixed, it opens without issue. As soon as I add breaklines (to a previously configured surface) I re-whack the DWG. Audit before closing.

Message 5 of 5
balenger.c
in reply to: dbaker

This sort-of works.  I still find that the drawing will still hang sometimes on open after auditing.  I have to work with large surfaces regularly so this is a consistent issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report