Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Lag

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
BZ2013
314 Views, 3 Replies

Drawing Lag

This is my issue, has anyone else had this?

I am running Civil 3D 2012 and I get major lag (the thinking blue circle) when I switch between drawings.  I have tried this with several different drawings all with the same result.  I have even just opened two new empty drawings again with the same result.  This problem has just serficed as of yesterday, no problems up till then.  Computer hasd not had anything changed to it from the time things ran good untill now, all other functions of my computer are working fine, I'm thinking this is a CAD problem.

Help!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: BZ2013

Hi,

do you have the layermanager open (all the time), if so then at least set the sysvar SHOWLAYERUSAGE to 0.

What other windows/palettes are open while changing from one drawing to the other (properties, XRef-manager, ...)?

If you look to your taskmanager while Civil3D is not responding ==> what does the process "ACAD.EXE" use from the processor-power (and how many kernels do you have)?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 4
BZ2013
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Layer usage to 0, I do have properties and tool box open all the time, this has always been the case. I have closed everything though and tried with no change. As far as your last comment I had our IT guy look at it and he sees no problem there as I'm not sure what all that means.

Thanks

Brad Zawislak, T.T.
Land Development and Municipal

702 - 1708 Dolphin Avenue, Kelowna, BC V1Y 9S4
Main 250.980.5500 | Fax 250.980.5511 | www.focus.ca

[Description: cid:image001.png@01CE1E3F.1C805B30]
Focus delivers services to its clients through the following operating companies: Focus Corporation, Focus Surveys Limited Partnership (Alberta), FCS Land Services Limited Partnership (British Columbia), HCS Focus LP, CMS Focus Construction Management Services.
Message 4 of 4
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: BZ2013

Hi,

>> I do have properties and tool box open all the time, this has always been the case.

>> I have closed everything though and tried with no change

Ok, if you have the chance: disconnect your system from the network (so also from internet), does that change anything?

Another try: login with another Windows-account to your system and try it again within that user-context, also slow?

>> As far as your last comment I had our IT guy look at it and he sees no problem there

Great, he sees no problem, but I don't see anything! 😉

So how much of the process time is use by ACAD.EXE and what other processes do need same (or more) process power during this inresponsible state of AutoCAD (e.g. there could be a process called like WSCOMMCNTR* beeing active that time), or a virus-scanner watching anything that is active while document change or ....

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report