Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing disappears when copying or editing dynamic blocks

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Livingstones
841 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing disappears when copying or editing dynamic blocks

Has anyone else had their drawing disappear after using a dynamic block's stretch parameter?

I’ve made fairly simple dynamic blocks with lines or leaders that can be stretched and some attribute text.  After moving the stretch grip of the block the block will disappear.  If I then do a regen the entire drawing disappears.  But it seems to be only a graphical glitch based on the fact that I can then save the disappeared drawing, reopen it and everything is up to date.  I can even see my devious little dynamic blocks.  But of course if I try to edit them everything will disappear again.

Any suggestions on what might fix this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: Livingstones

Questions of this nature (as a matter of fact, All questions) should have supporting information such as included below my name.  This info can be placed ONE TIME in the "My Settings" box to the upper right.

Thanks,

Bill

Message 3 of 5
mlm430047

I have this issue also.  Unfortunately it looks like the discussion has died.

Tags (2)
Message 4 of 5
jregier

I have the same issue on and off ... anyone work out a solution.

this occurs for me with a regular block, while moving the attribute from the grip. 

It seems to help if I don't wheel zoom in or out while moving the attribute, but inconsistant as sometimes that still causes the block to disappear, and then the drawing with a Regen.  As above, it doesn't crash - if I save close open the drawings it's all back.

Message 5 of 5
andrewpuller3811
in reply to: jregier

I also have this problem with Civil 3d 2013 SP2, although I am more iclined to believe it may be down to an external addon we use here, but cannot confirm the issue as it is inconsistent.

I do have a dynamic block, with stretch grips, in my current drawing that I am work on that is experiencing this. I might have to look into seeing if the block is responsible.

BTW, please post the software, most likely civil 3d :), version and service packs installed, for future posts. Diagnosing a problem without even the software version, i.e. 2013, can be extremely difficult. Some versions have issues that are known and fixes or workarounds available.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report