Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing Created with C3D Plan Production Tools CRASHES

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
murray-clack
244 Views, 4 Replies

Drawing Created with C3D Plan Production Tools CRASHES

Hi there.... Using the C3D plan production tools, I created a drawing file containing six layout tabs of Plan & Profiles. All works well when switching from one Layout tab to the next, but the drawing CRASHES when simply switching to Modelspace. In my baseplan file, where I have alignments and profiles, and only an existing grade surface to date, I do not have ANY issues with it. I created the layout sheets four or five times now using a Viewframe group, but nothing seems to work.

And yes, I've done the standard RECOVER, AUDIT, PURGE, and -PURGE

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: murray-clack

What Version & Service Pack?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 5
murray-clack
in reply to: Jay_B

Civil 3D 2013, SP2

Win 7, Professional 64 Bit

Message 4 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: murray-clack

Might be worth trying the suggestions in this Being Civil Post .

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 5
murray-clack
in reply to: Jay_B

Here's the latest...

It seems to be working now.  I set the sysvars as suggested in the link you provided (i.e WHIPTHREAD = 3 and LAYOUTREGENCTL = 2) and I was able to go to Modelspace without a crash.  

However, NOTHING was visible.

I could select things with the QSELECT command and see the entitie's grips.  I went back into the Layout tabs and could see all my Modelspace contents (so I know the layers weren't turned off).  

After toggling back and forth between the Layout tabs and modelspace, everything is now visible, and no crashes.  Even when switching the sysvars around, the drawing seems to be stable.

Thanks!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report