Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing created by a newer version of C3D

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Jeff_M
5175 Views, 21 Replies

Drawing created by a newer version of C3D

I posted about this a few months ago and never found a resolution but now I couldn't find the post I made to follow up. I have just been bit by this again....working along in C3D2012 SP3, make a number of changes to sheets in a sheet set, save each one, Publish in background, get an error saying to try again not using the background plot option, do so, plots fine but get a warning when opening one of the sheets I had just edited 15 minutes earlier that it has 2 errors and should be recovered. I responded No to cancel the open so the Publish routine could finish, a warning comes up saying the drawing was last saved in a newer version of C3D and all C3D commands would be disabled, publish completes. I close C3D2012, restart it and try to open that drawing, same deal, so I recover, finds 2 errors deletes one object, still can't use C3D commands. Rename backup from an hour earlier, open it, same errors!. Now this is a drawing I worked on without issue before running Publish. I cannot move this project to a newer version, and I know that I did not open this drawing in any version other than 2012. 

What the heck is going on to where it THINKS it was??? Any way to recover this so I can continue to work on it in 2012? I have a suspicion that when I tried to use the background plotting it used a newer version of the C3DAPI, except that it failed too quickly when I tried that so I don't think it ever made it that far in the queue.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22
AllenJessup
in reply to: cbresciani

It could have to do with a corrupted Xref. Audit or recover all your xrefs. You might also try detaching and reattaching them.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 22 of 22
cbresciani
in reply to: AllenJessup

Tried that after a quick google search. No luck, I was hopeful there for a minute but...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report