Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drawing a line object using point description in civil 3D

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
balengineeringltd
2122 Views, 5 Replies

Drawing a line object using point description in civil 3D

Dear sir,

How shall I draw  lines into a created surface using raw or full description of ascii file format(COGO)

for example in the imported  file ihave points to describe a road centre line(CL),or edge of the road(ERD),breaklines(BRKL) and want lines represented by the descriptions to be drawed in the surface  so that i can use the lines as guides in profiles design.I didn't want to use point number which are not serially ,and have tried to use point grouping without any success

The attached file could be of good use

Engr Bashiru Lawal 

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

That Txt file does not contain descriptions. Also, it the description are not set up properly when collected it will be more difficult. See This and This.

You may be able to separate them into groups and draw lines by group entering G for group. I can't test that right now.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: balengineeringltd

I wrote a lisp to do what I think you need a number of years ago. It would need some updating to work with newer versions, but there is plenty of information on the C3D customization forum that shows how to do that. OLD LISP LINK

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 6
obicad
in reply to: Jeff_M

Sounds like something I would like to check out. Any idea if this will work in C3D 2016?

Message 5 of 6
Jeff_M
in reply to: obicad

Obicad, it should work with a slight change to reflect the correct version. A quick search in this forum should lead you to some posts which show code that will get the C3D application for any version of C3D. I would update this, but just don't have a lot of free time right now.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 6 of 6
obicad
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for the reply. Can you point me in the direction as to what needs to be altered in the lisp. So far I'm batting 0.000

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report