Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Draw a Waterline in Plan/Profile

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
mfjanowski
4425 Views, 4 Replies

Draw a Waterline in Plan/Profile

What are the options for drawing utilities (namely water lines) in plan view and having them properly show in profile view?

I'm familiar with creating a polyline, turning it into a feature line, weeding vertices, etc. That works all right but is lnog-winded and really doesn't work well when dealing with lots of curves.

Any help would be appreciated!!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
castled071049
in reply to: mfjanowski

Are you talking about using the Pipes menu for your utilities? That is the only real option, in my opinion.
Message 3 of 5
DSPatterson

I agree, creating a Pipe Network really is the only way to go if you want to accurately show pipes in a profile.

Message 4 of 5

how do i draw pipeline plan and profile given survey data in civil3d

Message 5 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: 24546954

If you have field shots in the form of C3D point objects then,

1. Create a new pipe network, assign the parts list and styles you want.

2. Set your Osnap to Node.

3. Select your parts from the PipeNetwork layout Tools toolbar and trace over the network making sure to snap to the node of the point object. This will pick up the rim/grate elevation if you have

a. Osnapz set to 0

b. Your point style places the point objects at their actual elevation and not at zero. Edit or create a new point style if needed.

Move structure to structure and ignore the inverts in this sttep.

4. Go back to the first pipe, select it, right-click and choose Pipe Properties. Go to the Part Properties tab and assign inverts to start and end. Note that you can use one invert and a slope to compute the other invert as well. Before you close this dialog, copy the end invert to the clipboard if inverts on structures match.

5. Go to the next pipe and do the same. Note if the pipes match you can paste the start invert.

6. Repeat step 5 until your done.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report