Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drape Image and Surface Problems

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
2022 Views, 7 Replies

Drape Image and Surface Problems

Hey guys,
Please forgive me, I'm quite new to Civil 3D. I have been having 2 issues I am hoping to get a hand with. The first is when draping an image onto a surface. We have 3 machines at work with Civil 3D on them (all users are as new as I am). One of my coworkers was draping an image on a surface and everytime he did the image would show up rotated 90 degrees counter clockwise. It showed up this way on one of the other machines which is identical to mine, but showed up properly on mine. We have tried recreating the surface from scratch, draping the images from different machines to start and resetting Civil 3D to it's original settings. Nothing has seemed to make a difference.

The other question I had concerned 2D lines or parcels on a 3D surface. Is there an easy way to "drape" a bunch of 2D lines or parcels onto a surface so when you show it in 3D, each 2D line sits on surface and/or gets the elevation level of that surface for the corresponding x,y point?

Thanks in advance,
Ben

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Good Day All

I also have the same issue

we are about to purchase c3d but this problem is holding us

up as this feature is critical.

thanks jim

Message 3 of 8
SethHall

Hi benklepacki-

Although I do not have an answer for your drapping images issue at this time, I do have a suggestion for your second question. You can convert your 2D polylines to feature lines and have the feature lines pull the elevations from your surface resulting in something like this:

407i2E87059EE17CBFE7

409iA45EFCD6F0CEF915

Hope this helps!

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Seth,

Thank you very much, I will certainly try that!

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Hello

I have similar problems, just it makes a mirror drape. I tried mirror image first, but the result was the same.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Which coordinate system are you using?

- Lambros

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Hi,

I've had the same problem. The "solution" that works for me is to turn off the hardware acceleration.

Hope i helps

Honza

Tags (2)
Message 8 of 8
Hidden_Brain

There was a discussion on these boards about this issue a while ago, started by someone from South Africa. I think it involved draping images for southern hemisphere on a surface that ended up being flipped. I do not remember what the resolution was, but I hope you can find the post if you search these boards.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report