Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dragged State Label Style issue of line between text not flipping

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
inquired619
4882 Views, 9 Replies

Dragged State Label Style issue of line between text not flipping

I'm having trouble getting my label style to flip when in dragged state.  If I drag it off to the right, the text and line show up just fine, but if I drag to the left, the TC and FS head that way, but the line in between stays put.  Any help would be appreciated.  Please see picture attached.  Thanks so much!

I've added some screen shots showing my settings as well.  Thanks!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
rl_jackson
in reply to: inquired619

Flip anchors (maybe?) would need style settings to be sure.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 10
inquired619

I have the text style settings attached to my initial post, but here is the line style setting within the composer...

Message 4 of 10
wfberry

Change your display in Dragged State to "Stacked text".

Bill

Message 5 of 10
inquired619
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks Bill, but when I switch to Stacked Text, it yields the result in the picture attached.  Is there a way to get the line to go all the way in between the text (extend out)?

Message 6 of 10

Dragged labels using 'as composed' are not aware of the leader direction.  You will need a second style composed for dragging to the left.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 7 of 10

How would I change the leader direction in a separate style?

Message 8 of 10

Edit the line component of the 'left' label style so that it goes to the left.  Change the the justification of the two text components to be left justified.

When the label is dragged the leader and leader tail will automatically change between left and right.  I highlighted this in the following image, from your original post.  The red lines indicate the leader and tail and the green lines highlight the line component from the label style.

DraggedLabelLeaders.jpg

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 9 of 10

Thanks David!!

Message 10 of 10
denzuki1

This is not an acceptable answer. I've noticed this issue at several companies that they have two styles for all of their dragged labels; one to the left and one to the right. Why can't we have one label that will mirror itself if it is dragged to the left or to the right, regardless of the type of label it is?

Also, I can create a general note label that will flip (as composed vs stacked text) however, if I add a symbol to the label, the symbol disappears when dragged. I would like the symbol to be part of the dragged text.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report