AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
wbrustle
Message 1 of 3 (145 Views)

dragged state for a line label

145 Views, 2 Replies
06-24-2013 06:47 AM

I have a line label style that I created for labeling bearing and distance. The Dragged State Component for display is set to "As Composed", because I want to just slide it down the line a bit, but have it remain at the same rotation as the line, and it is not allowing me to do so. I also have a label style set up for "Stacked Text" and that works fine when I move it away from its original line I labeled, there is no problem....any ideas?

*Expert Elite*
Jay_B
Message 2 of 3 (140 Views)

Re: dragged state for a line label

06-24-2013 07:27 AM in reply to: wbrustle

wbrustle wrote:

I have a line label style that I created for labeling bearing and distance. The Dragged State Component for display is set to "As Composed", because I want to just slide it down the line a bit, but have it remain at the same rotation as the line, and it is not allowing me to do so

Are you able to move the label at all and not getting expected result or it just won't move?

Is the Label Style>General Tab>Behavior>Object reference set to >Object?

Jay

C3D 2014 SP2
Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Employee
peterfunkautodesk
Message 3 of 3 (122 Views)

Re: dragged state for a line label

06-24-2013 09:04 AM in reply to: Jay_B

There are a couple of options that you could have used when you created your style that control the placement of the label. If you set the "Anchor Point" to "Middle" then the label will always be at the midddle of the line. If you set the "Anchor Point" to "Label Location" then the label can be moved along the line. It sounds like you may have used the first option.

The "Drag State" is for when the label is moved off the line and not along the line (use the other anchor option for that).

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.