Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dragged state for a line label

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
wbrustle
1534 Views, 6 Replies

dragged state for a line label

I have a line label style that I created for labeling bearing and distance. The Dragged State Component for display is set to "As Composed", because I want to just slide it down the line a bit, but have it remain at the same rotation as the line, and it is not allowing me to do so. I also have a label style set up for "Stacked Text" and that works fine when I move it away from its original line I labeled, there is no problem....any ideas?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Jay_B
in reply to: wbrustle

@wbrustle wrote:

I have a line label style that I created for labeling bearing and distance. The Dragged State Component for display is set to "As Composed", because I want to just slide it down the line a bit, but have it remain at the same rotation as the line, and it is not allowing me to do so

Are you able to move the label at all and not getting expected result or it just won't move?

Is the Label Style>General Tab>Behavior>Object reference set to >Object?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 7
peterfunkautodesk
in reply to: Jay_B

There are a couple of options that you could have used when you created your style that control the placement of the label. If you set the "Anchor Point" to "Middle" then the label will always be at the midddle of the line. If you set the "Anchor Point" to "Label Location" then the label can be moved along the line. It sounds like you may have used the first option.

The "Drag State" is for when the label is moved off the line and not along the line (use the other anchor option for that).

Regards,

Peter Funk

Autodesk, Inc.

Peter Funk
Autodesk, Inc.

Message 4 of 7

Peter,  I have a related question.  I have never been able to drag line labels of the type "line between 2 points".  I have not problems sliding or dragging labels using my styles when using single or multiple segment, only the "between 2 points" type.  Is there a setting somewhere that allows you to drag this type of label?

Message 5 of 7
ChrisRS
in reply to: RonaKiernan

No. Line between 2 points does not have a dragged state.

A work around is to draw in line between the 2 point and label that. You can place the line on non-plot layer. The label is dynamically linked to the line; it is easy to visually see that the line is in the correct location.   

Christopher Stevens
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
RonaKiernan
in reply to: ChrisRS

Thank you Chris.  We do that method as a work-around.  I don't like it much, especially when doing boundary work, but is nice to have confirmation that this is truly a limitation of that label type, and not that I am missing something.  Thank you!

Message 7 of 7
ChrisRS
in reply to: RonaKiernan

You are welcome, Rona.

I sometimes think that my work-around to workflow ratio is greater than 1.

Christopher Stevens
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report