Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dragged state alignment station offset label

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
demus72
564 Views, 1 Reply

dragged state alignment station offset label

I would like to set up an alignment station offset label that when in the dragged state, offsets the arrowhead from the actual insertion point on the alignment in any direction and distance I specify. I am preparing some plans for a water line. I am working at a 1"=200' scale so all of the blocks representing fittings are scaled up so they are legible. In some instances, the fittings are right next to each other. If I place an alignment station offset label at the actual station and drag it away from the alignment, the arrowhead is pointing to the station but not the fitting. Is there a way to offset the arrowhead of a C3D label in dragged state other than in the direction of the leader?

Thank you for your help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
john.mckenzie
in reply to: demus72

The station offset label appears to be performing as designed. You are pointing to station 10+04 and that is what is being labeled. Your gate valve is not at station 10+04 due to the scaling of the block.

I suspect that you want to label it as 10+04 new gate valve and have it point to a point that is not at sta 10+04.

that is not possible.

What you could do is label it and not show the leader at all. IF you needed you could draw some dumb linework to the valve.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report