Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Double click settings

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
albionpjl
9399 Views, 7 Replies

Double click settings

OK after months of trying we finally get an activation code for 2012. I got my toolbars back how I want them and the useless ribbon turned off. (Extremely difficult with the CUI lagging so badly I can almost make a cup of tea while waiting for it to do anything. At 700 plus MB ram I am not surprised it's lagging.).

One thing has me stumped; how do I set this thing so that a double click on a polyline brings up the properties box instead of triggering pedit?

I have tried tools-options and turned doubleclick editing off and on.

No help.

I have tried opening the clunky incomprehensible (STILL incomprehensible after however many years I've been stuck with it) CUI and eventually managed to right click on doubleclick, and drag the properties command up to it and then transfer it into my cuix.

And STILL when I double click on a polyline I get pedit and not the properties box.

Please, how do I get the double click to activate the properties box?

C3d 2012

Win XP pro 32bit

3.5GB ram 

some kind of cheap 256mb graphics card

(No comments on minimum requirements please; I KNOW this PC is ony just within them, but upgrading it is out of my hands, and apparently out of the question.)

ps is there any way to get rid of that [-][top][2dwireframe] thing at the top left of the window? It's horribly intrusive.

Thanks

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

To get the double click on polyline to bring up the properties pallette,

1 - open the cui.

2 - Scroll down in the top left panes until you see the Double Click Actions node.

3 - Expand the Double Click Actions node by clicking on the plus next to it.

4 - If you have an item for polylines already, select it, then go to step 6

5 - If not Right click on the the Double Click Actions node and select New Double Click Action. Type a name that is something meaningful (Some thing like LWPolyline)

6 - In the right hand pane, under Advanced, in the space next to Object Name Type LWPOLYLINE (make sure it is capitals)

7 - locate the Properties command in the bottom left pane and drag it up onto the newly created Double click action

As there are numerous CUIX's loaded, the Double Click Actions (along with most other things in the cuix's) are given preference based on the load order of the cuix they are contained in.

In 2012 they have added a feature to the CUI which shows if a DoubleClick Action is being overriden. If your newly created Double Click Action has a Little yellow triangle on the bottom corner of the mouse icon then it is being overridden by a Double Click Action loaded from another cuix. If this is the case you will have to scroll down in the Top Left pane until you see the node Partial Customization Files, expand it and go through the Double Click Actions of each CUIX looking for a LWpolyline action that has no yellow triangle. Expand that LWpolyline action, then drag and drop the Properties command from the Bottom left onto it (the LWpolyline action without the triangle)

8 - Click ok and exit the CUI

now test it on a LWPolyline (a Light Weight Polyline created using the pline command or pl)

If you want to create (or modify existing) other Double Click Actions, you can get the correct name for the object to put in the Object Name of the Double Click Action by selecting one of the objects in the drawing and typing list on the command line. Bring up the Text Window by hitting F2 and look for the capitalised name next to Layer: in the information displayed. (see attached image showing the object name location for a circle and a lwpolyline)

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 3 of 8

Thank you very much for your clear and helpful explanation.

It was exactly what I needed. I don't think I will ever understand the CUI, as it is far too complex and convoluted. The step by step detail got me there. Thanks especially for noting what to do in the event of a yellow triangle as that would have had me tearing my hair out without your explanation.

Your reply is very much appreciated, and I now have my properties box when I double click my polylines.Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 8

This is a blast from the past but it very clearly explains the Double Click Actions in the CUI. How can I interrogate the element that I double-click? For example, if the LINE that I double-click is yellow do something, otherwise run Quick Properties. I had started to look at reactors but the Double Click Actions appears not to use them.

Message 5 of 8

As far as I am aware, the double click action out of the box only look at the object type.

What you want is probably going to need to be created using programming.

You could create a command in lsp or .net and have you cui double click action call that command.

Your custom command would then check the selected object and carry out the actions you require, either opening the properties palette or other action.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 6 of 8

OK, thanks, Andrew. I'll have a look at that.

Message 7 of 8

Whats CUI?

Trying to teach fusion 360 and I can't get the properties dialogue box back, after hitting enter or hitting okay.

Many thanks,

Sarah

Message 8 of 8

CUI = Customise User Interface.
It's the window you use to customise the program.
I don't know a thing about Fusion 360, but in AutoCAD and related products if you type CUI into the command line, the interface window will appear.
You can then find the command as described in the earlier posts and change what it does.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report