Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does "Adjacent elevations by reference" work only with parallel features ?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
tonnot
2059 Views, 1 Reply

Does "Adjacent elevations by reference" work only with parallel features ?

I have two feature lines. They are not parallel.

The tool "Adjacent elevations by reference" seems to work fine only when feature lines are well parallel one to another ? 

Also, it seems that C3D method works fine if  "parent" object  and "object to edit " have similar number of vertex, similiar "lenght",.... 

What is your experience ?

Thanks.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
jeff_rivers
in reply to: tonnot

I've successfully used it to edit many featurelines.  My situation was that I had an existing curb return, surveyed every two feet.  So the featureline for that curb return was composed of many short, straight segments. 

I drew a new featureline for the proposed curb return, which was usually a tangent, then an arc, then another tangent.  And it was not coincident with the existing curb return, it was offset by some distance, and that distance varied along the featureline.  So most definitely not parallel to the existing featureline.

I used the 'elevation by reference' button to set the proposed featureline elevations to match the existing featureline elevations.  I added a few extra PI's to the proposed featureline at the quarter-deltas, so it would more closely follow the existing grade. 

This worked well to model nine intersections along a 2-mile corridor.

Jeffrey Rivers
Win 10 Pro 64-bit, Intel i9 3.7GHz, 64 GB
NVIDIA RTX A4000
C3D 2020 V13.2.89.0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report