Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you really want to do this?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
smcgeomatics
1509 Views, 10 Replies

Do you really want to do this?

I have searched all related posts and haven't found any solutions. I recently reinstalled Civil 3d and now when I open a previous drawing I am working on it comes up with the prompt: "do you really want to do this? Yes or No"

In the command line before this it says 10126 selected.

I can hit enter to select N/No but the same prompt comes up. if I type YES the program freezes.

I have opened by Recover and saved it.

I can't run AUDIT or QSELECT because it only asks for a valid response to the original prompt.

Service pack 1 is installed. I am running 2014.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

@smcgeomatics wrote:

I have searched all related posts and haven't found any solutions.

In the command line before this it says 10126 selected.

A quick google search gives the same issue was happening because of 

Associative Hatch was using an Xreference Object as the boundary.

As you said the command line says 10126 objects selected ,have you tried to see whether this happens due to Associative hatch ?

Message 3 of 11

@Ajilal.Vijayan wrote:

As you said the command line says 10126 objects selected ,have you tried to see whether this happens due to Associative hatch ?

How do I do that?

Message 4 of 11
KirkNoonan
in reply to: smcgeomatics

Try renaming the xref(s) and then opening the offending drawing. You should be able to remove the associativity from the hatch in the properties window. After you get it fixed, you obviously need to change the xref name(s) back to the original.

Message 5 of 11
Nik-D

Do you have any custom LISP proceedures that you use?

Message 6 of 11
AllenJessup

Can you insert the problem drawing into a new drawing?

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
smcgeomatics
in reply to: Nik-D

@Nik-D wrote:

Do you have any custom LISP proceedures that you use?

No.

Message 8 of 11
Nik-D

When you say the program freezes when you press enter,. how long have you left the machine for to "do its thing"? Maybe its still trying to do whaterver and you have misinterpreted it as freezing? Its also very possible that its frozen Smiley Happy

Do you have an earlier version of the software that you can open the drawing with?

Can you XREF the drawing into another drawing and bind it?

Do you have any Data shortcuts setup with this drawing if so have you used the shortcut editor to make sure that all the links are correct?

Can you post the drawing here or put it in a cloud folder and put the link here?

Message 9 of 11
Message 10 of 11
storaason
in reply to: KirkNoonan

This!! Had the same problem and this worked. Thank you.

Message 11 of 11

HI there,

I experienced the above mentioned issue and fixed it by turning off the Associative hatch option- which was on when i tried to rebuild the corridor. Please turn off the associative option for hatches if anyone does see the prompt appearing.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report