Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ditch subassembly

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
GZE
Advocate
635 Views, 4 Replies

Ditch subassembly

Hello, am trying to create a corridor for bridge approach road, see the attached plan, the problem is the LHS ditch foreslope buffer width doesnt follow the target alignment on the left hand side, this problem appears on left hand side only, it works perfectly on the right hand side. am using C3D 2010 SP2
Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
in reply to: GZE

Hey there,

I'm having the exact same problem.  I checked my assembly/subassemblies and tried using different lines as my Horizontal targets (Feature, Alignment, Offset Alignment, Polyine etc)

I can make a cut/fill ditch for my left side using generic links but I'm worried why the default ditch assembly is not working on the left side while the right works like a charm.

If anyone has an answer or explanation, that would be great.  I tried googling this problem but to no avail.  I'm using Civil 3D 2011.

Thanks

Civil 3D 2011
Win 7
Intel Xeon 3.20GHz
15Gb Ram
Quadro 600
Message 3 of 5
in reply to: 28.8k

I tried creating my assembly from scratch in a totally different drawing

In my assembly, I'm using conditional-Cut/Fills for both sides.  I attach my ditch for both Cut/Fill conditions on the left and right sides with daylightmax offset.

Again, the right side will folllow a specific alignment and my left won't.  The error I get is target not found alignment on wrong side.  I double checked the stations and I'm completely stumped.

Civil 3D 2011
Win 7
Intel Xeon 3.20GHz
15Gb Ram
Quadro 600
Message 4 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: 28.8k

File a support request. I looked at the code for this subassembly and the part for the left side with a target is non-existent. It can be fixed rather easily, but it needs to be done by the DevTeam to ensure everyone gets it corrected.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 5 of 5
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for the reply Jeff.

That's exactly the problem.

Went through my IT department and submitted a request for help from Autodesk.  Autodesk is aware of the problem but won't do anything about it.  They said my generic link assembly is a good resolution Robot surprised

I'm guess this could be fixed rather easliy with the sub-assembly program?

Civil 3D 2011
Win 7
Intel Xeon 3.20GHz
15Gb Ram
Quadro 600

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report