Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ditch built till offset target in Subassembly Composer

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
marius.dumitru
7919 Views, 2 Replies

Ditch built till offset target in Subassembly Composer

Hello,

I am trying to build a ditch subassembly in SAC, for use in interchanges when linkroad converge to main road.

On the first phase the ditch will be build under the surface with a minimum height.

After that can be assigned a ditch profile for the bottom of the ditch.

On the third phase where the ditch of the main road and the ditch of the linkroad are intersecting the user will draw a polyline which will be used as a frontier line. Beyond the frontier line the ditch will not be build. Every one of the feature line of the ditch which cross the frontier line will be trimmed at the intersection.

In SAC I have four situation:

a)      “Linia_frontiera” is valid and “Profil_long_sant” is valid;

b)      “Linia_frontiera” is valid and “Profil_long_sant” is NOT valid;

c)      “Linia_frontiera” is NOT valid and “Profil_long_sant” is valid;

d)     “Linia_frontiera” is NOT valid and “Profil_long_sant” is NOT valid.

In Civil 3D when I want to build a corridor with this subassembly it work in c) and d) situations.

I don’t know why it doesn’t work in the other two situations, when “Linia_frontiera” is valid.

When I assign the offset target for “Linia_frontiera” it doesn’t build anything.

I have another question regarding the testing in SAC: When I have a decision with target_parameter.IsValid, on the TRUE branch it will build the points and the links and can be tested modifying the target parameters (target surface, target elevation, target offset), but on the FALSE branch it doesn’t build anything. I don’t know if is a limitation of the SAC or I am doing something wrong. When you have a situation like that how do you test both of the branches?

I hope I was clear enough, if you don’t understand something ask me.

In attachment is the subassembly in SAC, and two sketches representing the section of the ditch and the plan view.

I can't  atach the .pkt file so I changed the extension in .zip, after download just change it back to .pkt.

Sorry for my English, is not my mother tongue.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Dexterel
in reply to: marius.dumitru

for AP2 slope try using:
if(p1.elevation>Profil_long_sant.Elevation,ctype(-Roadside_slope,slope),ctype(Roadside_slope,slope))
Message 3 of 3
Dexterel
in reply to: Dexterel

For testing subassembly's (starting form SAC 2016) you can enable or disable a parameter ("Target Parameters" and uncheck "Enable in Preview"). If a parameter is unchecked the decision with target_parameter.IsValid will go on the FALSE branch.
Also USE Event Viewer to check what is not working. If a point is not able to be created it will specify hear the point no. and reason way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report