Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying User-Defined Contours

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
KirkNoonan
6998 Views, 6 Replies

Displaying User-Defined Contours

I have defined 3 user-defined contours for various elevations in my pond. I would like to disply them differently from one another, so I set their display styles in the analysis window where I created them. Unfortunately, the are only displayed per the settings in the surface style which is 1 - not what I want and 2 - all identitical. I have tried various settings in the surface style, but the contours will not display the way I have selected in the analysis window.

Kirk

C3D 2011 w/ latest updates

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: KirkNoonan

I would think your going to need to paste your surface into a new surface for each contour you need displayed diffetent. Each with thier own style.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
KirkNoonan
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Good idea. Luckily there are only 3 that need to stand out. Strange that they would tease us with the possibility of doing it simply and all in one spot. Thanks.

Message 4 of 7
neilyj666

Think I'd be inclined to extract them as polylines rather than cluttering up the drawing with additional surfaces??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 5 of 7
rjairath

yes this can be done

please go to surface style and under display > select user contours turn it on and set it by layer

then go to the contour tab and expand contour ranges  select last option "use color scheme" set value to true.

then click on your surface and go to surface properties, then click on analysis tab select user-defined contours

set how many custom elevation values you want and press on the down arrow , then individually set your option for each elevation.

see image

user contours.JPG

also note if you apply a Mask to the surface user defined option will not be displayed.

PS: please correct your solution found response

Thank you for reading,

Win7 64bit Pro
Xeon E5-1620 v2, 3.70GHz, 32GB Ram

Please mark solution found if this post solved your issue or give kudos when appropriate.

Message 6 of 7
KirkNoonan
in reply to: rjairath

Thanks, I was missing the 'use color scheme'.

Message 7 of 7
jmayo-EE
in reply to: rjairath

Thanks!

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report