Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Displaying Breaklines

26 REPLIES 26
Message 1 of 27
gleep
2365 Views, 26 Replies

Displaying Breaklines

Is there an easy way to view ALL the breaklines on the screen (not simply the breakline DATA, but the visual lines in the drawing), so as to perhaps change the color and get an overall visual of what they are doing to the tin? I realize that I can display figures in different ways, but I keep looking for a DISPLAY BREAKLINES lightbulb in the SURFACE PROPERTIES or something. 

Anything like that? Thanks in advance.  

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
Neilw_05
in reply to: gleep

One of the big time killers with Civil 3D comes from data management overhead. A lot of time goes into configuring and manipulating management schemes to be able to work efficiently. The site topology paradigm in itself is a pain to work with, not to mention style managment, data shortcuts, etc.

The system requires a lot of pre-configuration to work efficiently and accordingly it does not readily adapt to scenarios that are atypical of the standards it was set up for.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 22 of 27
_Hathaway
in reply to: gleep

I agree 100% gleep, it is really annoying to not be able to clearly see your breaklines. Extremely annoying.  I feel your frustration ten-fold.

Message 23 of 27
johngordon6189
in reply to: _Hathaway

When a surface is exported to xml, all breakline data is exported as well.  Start a new drawing and import the xml file.  Upon import of the xml file, 3d polylines are drawn for the breaklines.  You could then use that drawing as a reference to see all your breaklines.  Not the way you want to do it, but if you need to see where your breaklines are, that's the simple way I know.

John Gordon
CAD Manager/Survey Technician

C3D 2018/2020
Microstation
Windows 10
Message 24 of 27
_Hathaway
in reply to: johngordon6189

Good to know, thanks.
Message 25 of 27
parteekwitt
in reply to: BrianHailey

Hey Brian, 

I am getting a warning sign in front of my Surface and breaklines.
Could u please help me to get rid of them. 

Thank you

image.png

Message 26 of 27
wfberry
in reply to: parteekwitt

I am not Brian, but I suspect a simple REGEN will get rid of those "BANGS".

Bill

Message 27 of 27
BrianHailey
in reply to: parteekwitt

@parteekwitt wrote:

Hey Brian, 

I am getting a warning sign in front of my Surface and breaklines.
Could u please help me to get rid of them. 

Thank you

image.png

Looks like you've made a change to the data your surface is using. Right click on the name of the surface (EG in your example) and choose "Rebuild". You can also set the surface to "Rebuild Automatic". This way, any time the data is changed, the surface will automatically rebuild for you.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report