Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display problem

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
GZE
Advocate
443 Views, 7 Replies

display problem

am experiencing display problems with Civil 3d 2012 on my Hp Elitebook laptop, when i open surface properties and go to styles dropdown menu i get empty dialogs but if i move mouse cussor out of the dialog they appeared the same issue appears on other dialogs. I installed c3d 2013 trial still i get same problem. I installed autodesk certified driver same problem.
My specs are core i7 M640, 2.8ghz, 8gb ram, Nvidia quadro FxBB0 1Gb, samsung SSD 160gb Any suggestion?
Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: GZE

Hi,

>> i get empty dialogs but if i move mouse cussor out of the dialog they appeared

Have seen that, and yes ... only on HP's. If I remember correctly we only had the problem when using the graphic-card drivers that were delivered with the HP software. If you search for the drivers from the gc-vendor itself you will get the dialogs filled.

So check on the nVidia homepage for a driver and install it

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

I get this as well, and I don't have an HP. I do have an nVidia graphics card though.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 8
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Jeff_M

Hi,

>> I get this as well, and I don't have an HP. I do have an nVidia graphics card though.

So I have not seen all existing problems around the whole world 😉

Anyway, if you compare your driver-versions may be you can find someone that works at your pc's. At least I don't think that it's a problem with all nVidia cards on all Civil3D workstations.

Good luck, - alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 5 of 8
antoniovinci

Gentlemen,

to exclude driver isseus, you'd only restart your machine in Safe Mode (click F8 as Bios' screen disappears), then login as Admin, and run Autocad to see how it behaves.

Message 6 of 8
GZE
Advocate

I have tried updated drivers from NVIDIA the problem still exist, also i dont understand why tune log sees only 466MB while am sure my card is 1gb.
Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

I have the same problem. This is very annoying. Especialy when trying to change parameters in the alignment geometry panorama. Moving outside te panorama will activate the selected line but immediatly deactivate te panorama (turns gray). Wich means i don't even get a chance to change the values of the parameteres.

Are there any developments on this issue yet?

Dell Vostro 3700

Civil3D 2011 64bit

Core i5 2.6GHz 6GB RAM

NVidia GeForce GT 330M

Message 8 of 8
GZE
Advocate
in reply to: Anonymous

Disabling DPAgent.exe. prosess in TaskManager solved my problem

Humphrey GZE
Civil 3D 2013 64bit SP1
Elitebook 8540w
Core i7 2.8GHz, 8Gig RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX880
160Gb SSD

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report