Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

display of drawing disappears?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
arameth
135 Views, 1 Reply

display of drawing disappears?

I apologize in advance, as I am not a Civil 3D user...I am just a technical resource assisting with a problem our design team is running into after upgrading to AD Civil 3D 2005.

The user I'm working reported that he was working with the tutorials...and was prompted in one section to open a drawing entitled "Points-1.dwg". He did so, and after working on the tutorial, exited the program. He did so with the surface-1.dwg file as well, and a few others. Now, when trying to open the points-1 and other previously opened files again, the display is blank...but he says he can see that all the layers are still present. Also, the preview is blank after this happens from the File/Open dialog box.

Any ideas on what would be causing this? I even went as far as removing/reinstalling, and the problem still exists? The pattern seems to be that when you go into a tutorial drawing and then exit, it is no longer visible in the preview view, nor when you open it is it visible in the design view.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: arameth

Assuming he is not in paper space. Does doing a zoom extents do anything? Looking at this further, check for entities in the drawing by entering "status" at the command prompt. You don't give much info and how experienced the user is. Bill P.S. I never had any problems with those tutorials. "arameth" wrote in message news:30395989.1108150066230.JavaMail.jive@jiveforum1.autodesk.com... > I apologize in advance, as I am not a Civil 3D user...I am just a technical resource assisting with a problem our design team is running into after upgrading to AD Civil 3D 2005. > > The user I'm working reported that he was working with the tutorials...and was prompted in one section to open a drawing entitled "Points-1.dwg". He did so, and after working on the tutorial, exited the program. He did so with the surface-1.dwg file as well, and a few others. Now, when trying to open the points-1 and other previously opened files again, the display is blank...but he says he can see that all the layers are still present. Also, the preview is blank after this happens from the File/Open dialog box. > > Any ideas on what would be causing this? I even went as far as removing/reinstalling, and the problem still exists? The pattern seems to be that when you go into a tutorial drawing and then exit, it is no longer visible in the preview view, nor when you open it is it visible in the design view. > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report